Montecito Sea Meadow
The guarded and gated Montecito Sea Meadow enclave at the beach in Montecito is the most desirable residential setting in the entire Santa Barbara area. This is due to the unique amenities offered to residents within the Sea Meadow gates as well as its unparalleled location.
Affectionately referred to as “Mungerville,” Montecito Sea Meadow was originally conceived and developed by Berkshire Hathaway legend Charlie Munger. Mr. Munger, who maintains a personal residence in Montecito Sea Meadow, created an environment within which meticulous care would be lavished upon every residence so that their owners could travel to other locales or homes and return to find their Sea Meadow home just as they left it. From window washing to exterior painting, virtually every aspect of exterior home maintenance is taken care of by the extraordinary management of Sea Meadow for their residents. The amenities at Montecito Sea Meadow include the following:
- Security at guarded entry gates
- Clubhouse which can be reserved for private parties
- Lovely entertainment area with pool and spa
- North/South tennis court
- All landscaping, with annuals changed twice/year
- Services of landscape architect upon request
- Fire insurance on each home (residents provide their own “contents coverage policies”)
- All water, provided by a private water company
- Free firewood and salt for soft water tanks
- Painting of total exterior every five years
- Painting/refinishing of all thresholds once per year
- Touch up painting as needed
- Inspection of slate roofs once/year with replacement of missing slates due to normal wear and tear
- Window washing twice/year and gutter cleaning once/year
- Cleaning of patios and yards twice per week
Montecito Sea Meadow is situated in the most desirable location at the beach in Montecito. A delightful stroll via meandering paths lined with flowering plants and magnificent trees leads to the world famous Four Seasons Santa Barbara Biltmore Hotel and Coral Casino. A further walk to Montecito’s charming “Lower Village” affords world class dining and shopping.
Just minutes up the coast, Santa Barbara provides ample choices for activities of the cultural and culinary nature, while the antique stores and cafes of Summerland are moments down the coast. Los Angeles is approximately an hour and a half drive to the south, and Santa Barbara’s wonderful airport (about 20 minutes north) is easily accessible.